If you are a renter, you may think you don’t need insurance. Without renters insurance, you have no coverage for personal property loss or damage.
What would happen if?
- Your apartment building burned down
- Your belongings are stolen or damaged outside of your residence
- A thief broke into your townhouse
- You or another family member cause injury to another person or damage to their property
- A guest slipped and injured himself in your kitchen
- The home you are renting suffered water damage
A renters insurance policy provides replacement cost protection for your everyday appliances, computers, personal electronics, furniture, clothing, kitchen ware, sports equipment, and other personal items. Your coverage will also include liability protection, which covers injury to another person on or off your property. This affordable policy can protect you against losses to your property that could cost you thousands of dollars.